- Engineering design, procurement, construction and project management for SCAW Metals.
- Maintenance engineering contract (for eight national depots) for Shell/SNC Lavalin, including:
- structural design, construction, and maintenance,
- steel and pipe fabrications and restoration,
- all depot civil work,
- tank linings,
- corrosion protection,
- non-slip coatings on top of tank,
- scaffolding erection and inspection,
- sandblasting and tank cleaning,
- tank plinth sealing,
- handrail fabrications, and
- tank inspections.
- Mechanical and civil maintenance contract for various structures at SASOL Secunda.
- Structural work for Glencore Rustenburg operations since 2013
- Pipe fabrication for the Glencor Xstrata Boshoek Works Furnace’s Shell Cooling Ring Manifold including extraction, installation, recovery and replacement as well as a substantial amount of pipework.
Corrosion protection projects
- 2018 Petrosa shutdown during which Sharpshell managed a team of 250 painters, insulators and sheet metal workers.
- Three-year specialised coatings contract for Petrosa vessel lining with special glass flake coatings.
- Corrosion protection and tank lining project for Freda Rebecca Gold Mine, where 100% pure Polyval Polyurea was used to prevent abrasion and offer the tank chemical resistance at ambient temperatures.
- Shell Deports Storage tank lining Projects with a special mention of a tank lining project that involved the application of a special static electricity-conducting lining and pitting corrosion ‘fixer’.
- Corrosion protection for Glencore Boshoek Works structures that were under severe Acid attacks
Fire detection and protection
- Fire protection for the Bay West Mall in Port Elizabeth consisting of fire protection of structural beams and columns that form part of the mall’s main support steelwork.
- Electric cable fire protection for Bay West Mall in Port Elizabeth.
- Fire protection of structural beams for Growth Point Property malls.